· List both William Blount & Associates and your name on the rental agreement.
· List William Blount & Associates' business address, not your home address, on the contract.
· If physical damage coverage for William Blount & Associates' commercial auto policy is not necessary, waive the coverage.
· Do not purchase gas from the rental agency. Rather, fill the vehicle prior to returning it.
When Driving a Rented Vehicle
· Use seat belts at all times. Let other workers ride with you only if the vehicle has a seat belt for each person.
· Before you begin driving, check your map and become familiar with vehicle’s mirrors, lights, wipers, windows and other components, and make adjustments as needed.
· Do not use your cell phone while driving.
· Always drive the speed limit.
· If you start to feel tired or drowsy while driving, stop and take a break.
· In bad weather conditions, slow down and drive cautiously. If the weather becomes too severe to safely drive, pull over at the nearest safe place and wait it out.
· Do not drink and drive.
In the Event of an Accident
· Stay calm. Do not argue with others involved in the accident.
· Call an ambulance if anyone is injured. Assist those injured but do not administer first aid unless you are qualified.
· Call the police. Do not discuss what happened with anyone except the police.
· Do not admit responsibility for the accident, or sign a statement.
· Do not disclose policy limits to anyone.
· Telephone a report to William Blount & Associates.
Don’t Forget… When traveling for business, always carry your auto identification card with you. It identifies the company’s policy number, effective date and insurance carrier.