So, you've been planning for this day for your whole life. Isn't it smart to protect it?
It's a pretty common theme to see a disaster like this happen in the movies... and that's probably because it happens in real life!
Aside from the embarrassing memories, there's a lot of money on the line. Did you know that in 2012 the average wedding costs over $25,000? That's more than many new cars on the road! The cost of wedding insurance is very minimal-- as little as $160-- but it could save you thousands if your florist goes out of business, your photographer accidentally ruins your photos, or if bad weather forces you to cancel or postpone your wedding.
The Wedding Insurance policy we have available through Travelers Insurance would reimburse you for lost deposits or money you've paid to wedding vendors. In addition to that, it would also cover travel costs and other expenses that may come up from these covered unexpected diasters. The policy could also extend coverage to cover the rehearsal dinner or if have a destination wedding!
Another great benefit of Wedding Insurance is the personal liability coverage. Just as you could be held financially responsible if someone injures themselves at your home, you could also be held responsible if someone was to be injured at your wedding. There are many venues that now require liability insurance.
Here are the most common coverages for wedding insurance! Be sure to check with a William Blount & Associates agent to discuss specifics.
- Unexpected bad weather. If members of your wedding party or many of guests cannot reach the wedding -- or the venue has damage caused by weather-- like a major snowstorm, earthquake, hurricane, etc. the costs associated with rescheduling the event will be covered.
- If a member of the wedding party or an immediate family member is seriously injured unexpectedly, becomes too sick to attend, or dies suddenly, rescheduling costs could be covered.
- If a vendor like your florist, caterer, venue, or officiant goes out of business or doesn't show up, you could be covered for any deposits paid and maybe for the cost to reschedule the event.
- Travelers Wedding Insurance policy could even pay to restage the wedding (including travel costs, cake and flowers, etc.) with the wedding party and immediate family if the photographer doesn't show up, ruins the shots, negatives are damaged or lost.
- Gift coverage is covered under the policy. It would pay to repair or replace gifts that are lost, stolen or damaged within a specified time period- this normally doesn't cover gifts of money and a police report is usually required if the cause is theft.
- If the wedding attire- like the wedding gown, tuxedos, etc. is lost, stolen, or damaged, Wedding Insurance will pay to repair or replace it.
- If the bride or groom are called to military duty, Wedding Insurance would over protection for the cost associated to reschedule the wedding.
So much has been invested in planning your dream wedding- the heart, time, and money of not only you and your spouse-to-be, but also your friends and family! Wedding insurance can help protect your special day!